Thursday, February 15, 2007

He looked at us..

I was so filthy. But He still loved me. My heart was impure. But He brought me to His side. I turned my back on Him too many a time, but He forgave me even though I made the same mistake countless times. How wondrous the truth that is revealed by the gospel!

I was wrong. I preached what I did not do. I preached grace, but did not practice it. God says not to just preach but be doers of the Word.

How can I turn my back on others who still do not know the truth? even, those who know but turn their back on God? for the Lord, so holy, has not given up on them and so should I. In the same way, if God had given up on me, wouldn't I have been like them too?

As in Mark 2:17, "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

O Lord, teach me to be more like You. As You say in Isaiah 55:9, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home